Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Reasons My Kid is Crying: The Perfect Book to Kick Back with After anEspecially Trying Day of Parenting

Hey parents, do you frequently visit hilarious parenting blogs? Then chances are good you are familiar with the blog, Reasons My Son is Crying. (No? I'll wait while you go check out the site. Really, you must. It's a gem!)

The blog, and subsequently the book, is the brainchild of Greg Pembroke who decided in the midst of one of his 3-year-old son's tantrums, to start documenting the reasons behind the outbursts. Needless to say hilarity, as well as an instant web-following of parents, ensued.

Reasons My Kid is Crying is dubbed as "Part Diary, Part Therapy, Completely Hilarious" and is everything a time-starved parent looks for in a book: concise, funny and reassuring. It is presented in the same style as the blog: a photo of a toddler sobbing alongside a caption describing what caused the meltdown. My favorites include: "He met Bill Murray", "His Aunt wouldn't let him play with the ax" and "I wouldn't let him crawl into a 400 degree oven". I mean who hasn't been there??!!

This is the kind of book that you sit down on the couch and read with your spouse after you put the kids to bed. It is a solid reminder to parents that everyone's child will occasionally act like this and that the best way to get through it is to laugh (and ok, sometimes take pictures and document your kids' absolutely illogical but nonetheless pricelessly entertaining explanations for their tantrums).

Makes a great gift for a new parent or someone whose child is about to enter the everything-they-told-you-and-more-is-true realm of the terrible twos.

Blogger note: I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review. This review is entirely based on my opinion and contains my honest evaluation.

photo courtesy of: http://crownpublishing.com/
photo courtesy of: http://crownpublishing.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment