Saturday, July 12, 2014

Go from Clueless in the Kitchen to a Cooking Diva with KitchenConfidence

True Confession time: I hate cooking. Scratch that, I don't like cooking. Wait, that isn't quite right either. I think what I'm trying to say is that I can't cook. It's a little embarrassing to admit that, especially with everyone constantly Instagramming pics of their super-yummy looking (and I'm sure tasty) meals.

Enter Kelsey Nixon's book, Kitchen Confidence. Really, there is no false advertisement here at all. This book makes cooking easy. The recipes are delicious, well-presented and the instructions are simplified, even for an un-domestic goddess like me!

Hands down the best recipes in this book are the Berries & Cream Stuffed French Toast, Grilled Veggie Panzanella, Stovetop Mac & Cheese, Grilled Fruit Skewers and Skillet Blueberry and Peach Cobbler (I'm a vegetarian so I skipped over the meat meals!). But honestly, everything is so well-presented and easy to follow that you can't mess any of them up.

Most of the recipes come with variations so you can change them up from time to time. I also really like how Nixon provides recipes for some staples like your basic rolls and quinoa pilaf. She also provides lots of useful how-to's as a great introduction to techniques such as braising, pickling, blanching and stir-frying just to name a few.

This book is perfect for a young person trying to navigate their way in the kitchen for the first time or anyone like me who is clueless when it comes to cooking. These meals are impressive and delicious.

Blogger note: I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review. This review is entirely based on my opinion and contains my honest evaluation.

-1
photo courtesy of: Clarkson Potter Publishers


No comments:

Post a Comment