Monday, March 2, 2015

Journaling Made Easy

There was a time when I would happily journal, page after page, year after year. That time was between 5th grade and my mid-twenties. Then after that two things happened: 1. My life settled down (which while being quite nice, also left a big void for self-reflecting journal fodder) and 2. The Internet (personal blogs that always seemed to start off well-intentioned but usually fizzle out quite early on).

Each new year, one of my constant resolutions is to get back into journaling. I certainly have enough to write about, though my main road block is my lack of time. If only I could capture snippets of my life in journal form quickly and easily! Then I'd be sure to have some follow through and something to reminisce back on years from now.

Queue the big bold flashing lights and ringing bells!! The solution...THIS BOOK. This cutesy little portable gem is Q&A a Day: 5-Year Journal. I love it because it is easy to follow and use consistently. Each day is a question and you answer it, easy as that. And you do this for 5 years, so you can see how your answers/choices/opinions/preferences evolve through time.

a675f1f4ecac5086b5115cb5ebac00d8


I also like that the publisher has put out a slew of simple "one a day" themed mini journals that range the gamut of One Line a Day (good for capturing a snippet of a memorable conversation) and Q&A for Kids (good for those parents who always mean to capture their kids memorable quotes but never have time).

This is the way to ease yourself into journaling, whether you are a first-timer or someone looking to get back into it after a hiatus. Also great for writers to use as prompts.

Blogger note: I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review. This review is entirely based on my opinion and contains my honest evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment