Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Martha Stewart Living's One Pot Cookbook is THE Answer to What's ForDinner Question

You need to know something about me from the get-go: I am not domestic. As in, me and Martha Stewart exist on the polar opposite ends of the domesticity spectrum. However, I have to give her new cookbook, One Pot, an infinite amount of stars in this review solely because everything inside is EASY to cook and is equally delicious.

One Pot by Martha Stewart
One Pot by Martha Stewart
Most of the time when you are recipe surfing and you want an easy to prepare meal, you are also knowingly resigning yourself to not the best tasting meal. It's a tradeoff, you have to sacrifice some of the flavor for convenience. Well that notion is no longer valid, thanks to who else (??!!) but Martha Stewart, Goddess of all that is Good. She packed this book with over 120 one pot recipes you can make in your stockpot, crockpot, skillet, pressure cooker, dutch oven, baking dish and even left room for dessert!

Most Pinterest aficionados are familiar with Martha's One Pot Pasta that still reigns supreme as the easiest and most delicious pasta recipe hands down. And for me, that's only the beginning. This book has an endless array of meal ideas that don't require much more than chopping, slicing and tossing into a pan. The Macaroni & Cheese (original plus three variations) is enough to satisfy any comfort food junky's urge, The Pasta with Farm Stand Vegetables is a great use of all those left over summer veggies you may still have hanging out in the kitchen and the Chicken Soup (original plus three additional variations) will become your winter favorite (it's already mine!). Finish your meal off with the Rustic Apple Tart (go pick those apples now!) and you can thank me later.

There isn't anyone who wouldn't enjoy this book. I'm a picky eater/almost vegetarian (I eat chicken) and I found plenty of filling meal ideas, but Martha has something for everyone so don't overlook this gem, even if you fall on the pickier edge of the spectrum.

Blogger note: I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review. This review is entirely based on my opinion and contains my honest evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment